Welcome to our College !
We are eager to give you best Education and style.
Each and every institution has its own history. The history of Derabis College dates back to the year 1981 when some enlightened minds of this locality thought about the setting up a College in such a remote and underdeveloped area like Derabis with a mission and vision of providing a sphere of higher education. Their idea of establishing a centre of higher education has been a magical spirit for the then enterprising locals. Because, despite the mushrooming growth of a number of M.E. Schools and high Schools this area was once lacking Higher Education facility. This was the real problem that hovered over the heads of many a gentleman, educationist, organizer, social worker and freedom fighter of this locality. For the fulfillment of their long cherished dream a public meeting was convened at Derabish High School under the chairmanship of Sri Sadananda Bedanta, a patron of Higher Education for the purpose of opening of a College in order to cater the Higher Educational needs of the local people and the conception of Derabis College took place in that meeting.
Vision & Mission
- To provide education in the best possible form for the students to be with all round personality development leading to a prosperous career with high sense of academic excellence.
- To expand education and dissemination of knowledge to the denied and underprivileged sections of men and women in the Society.
- To imbibe scientific temperament with human values I the minds, for the upliftment of men and women.
- To inculcate the spirit of consciousness with regards to the constitutional rights and lead them to the interest of the Nationâ€™s mainstream.
The institutional logo comprises of three distinct dynamic features such as the temple, the burning lamp and the open book. It symbolizes that the College aims at imparting knowledge by dispelling darkness in a continuous process keeping in view of the glorious past, the dynamic present and the prosperous future.
- The TEMPLE stands for the epitome of the centre of learning and spirituality.
- The OPEN BOOK is the embodiment of dissemination of knowledge.
- The BURNING LAMP symbolizes dispelling darkness to Light